Sunday, July 06, 2008

Breakfast at Wimbledon



Today is a great day for Tennis fans all over the world. I'm up early to see if the world's No. 1 player Rodger Federer can win his 6th straight Wimbledon title against his arch nemesis and world's No. 2 player Rafael Nadal. According to the official Wimbledon website:

"This will be the third straight Wimbledon final between the two, with Nadal getting closer and closer. In fact, last year's five-set classic was the only time Federer has been taken the full distance on grass in his 65 successive victories on the surface.

If he wins, Roger will eclipse Bjorn Borg's Open era record of five Wimbledons in succession, set between 1976 and 1980, and he has certainly made impressive progress this past fortnight, winning all six of his matches in straight sets and only dropping serve on two occasions.

Federer is also still hot in pursuit of the holy grail of the men's game, the record of 14 Grand Slam titles held by Pete Sampras. Victory today would lift the Swiss to 13, with another of his favourite tournaments, the US Open, looming over the horizon late next month."


Here's a quick testimony - I don't have cable as I don't watch much television. So, my "Rabbit Ears" could never really tune-in NBC that well so I couldn't see any of these great matches. But, God has blessed me and this year I'm watching the finals on a wide screen in High Definition. God is good!

This should be a great match. Now, where's my cup of coffee? Hmmm, I wonder if Starbucks is open this early?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home