Sunday, June 15, 2008

One more thing...

The Internet is a beautiful thing! With a little help from Google I found my old martial arts instructor and karate association from Germany! Is that cool or what? Check it out:

Black Knight Karate Association

We practiced the Okinawan art of Gojuryu and I was with them for a little more than a year. This was my instructor in Germany - Mr. Oneal (we called him Sgt. back then). Believe it or not I've met and trained with this man - Mr. Edward M. Brown Jr. And, before I moved to the Midwest I use to train with the world-renowned Dr. He-Young Kimm in Han Mu Do.

Wow, this is bringing back so many memories. I'll have to scan some of my old black and white prints from the last tournament we hosted on our base. Warning - you're gonna laugh when you see me with my white belt competing in a forms competition. And as some of you may know I used to wrestle way back in High School. I'm not going to post a picture of me in my wrestling tights - the world is not ready for that one yet. Hey, I'm not ready for that one!

If you're interested in learning more about Gojuryu check this out:


And to learn more about Han Mu Do check this out:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, if I were to want to get started in learning a form of self defense, from a Christian perspective, and from a guy who seems to know quite a bit about it, which style would you recommend, and why? You could make this a whole nother blog post! haha

12:15 AM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Hi Josh,

You know, that's a great question. And, I think you're on to something about making the answer another blog post. More is on its way...

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home