Saturday, June 14, 2008

A night out with friends



Recently, I had the opportunity to get out of the house and have some fun with a few friends. I don't get out that much so I couldn't resist the invitation for a good time and some good food.

We all met up at a really cool place called Jersey's Pizza and Grill. This was my first time there and it is a great place to chill, grab some really good food, and check out your favorite sporting event. Since we were all martial artist we went to check out the UFC and the place was packed with martial artists from all styles and walks of life. They have two 6' x 10' HD big screens and thirty two 42" HD Flat screens. And the neither the food nor the decor dissappointed.

But, what was really special was that I got to meet some of my fellow students that I haven't met, and was reunited with an old friend from "back in the day." Here's a few snapshots from our evening out that I hope you enjoy. If you're ever in the area do yourself a favor and check out Jersey's.














This is Lorenzo and Bill, two of our school's instructors. Not only are they fantastic martial artists, but they are geniunely great human beings. Everyday they live their lives to help other people any way they can. I've got a lot to learn from them about serving others as they are the "real deal."


Although I just met these guys that night, they treated me like we had been friends for 20 years. I don't know what it is about HapKido but it attracts some of the nicest and "real" people I've ever met.


Lorenzo took some time to share his new website with us. I'm so happy for him and all of the movie success he is having. Not only is he staring in the soon-to-be released martial arts film "Hand-to-Hand", but he's also written and is directing his own film this summer!


This is Bill and Sal. Seven years ago when I started training in HapKido they were both black belts and teachers at our old school. Way back then they endured my myriad of questions and would always take time after class to help me and any other students who needed help.

Well, over the years I was reunited with Bill but had lost touch with Sal. Bill kept in touch with Sal and told Sal that I was training again and he came out to see me. It was really cool seeing Sal after all of these years. He looks great and is now not only highly ranked in HapKido but is also a top Aikido instructor.

What a great evening! If you'd like to learn more about our school check out Ki-Do Dojo. To learn more about Aikido check out Shinjitsudojo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sal Forestieri said...

Sam,

It was great to see you at Jerseys and again last night in training. Keep up the great training and I hope to see you soon.

Sal Forestieri
www.shinjitsudojo.org

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home