Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Luv Analog



As some of you may know I'm a big audio/stereo/music dude. Ever since I was a little boy I always wanted one of those really cool stereo systems like the ones I use to see in the magazines. I got it honest as my Grandmother was a huge music buff and had a really cool stereo system. To make matters worst I grew up listening to music almost everyday. So, when I had the opportunity to purchase some cool gear I did. That was 18 years ago and it looks and sounds just as good as it did when I purchased it.

Well, a fellow Flickr.com photog posted an image of his "old skool" turntable (Technics 1210 MK II) and I was inspired to do the same. I also have one of these babies and still enjoy the snap-crackle-pop of a good record. Although our shots are different after seeing his I had to take a break from nature and wedding photos to pay homage to joys of analog sound. But, what started out as one photo has turned into a small library of stock images. Yes, I got a little carried away.

Are there any other analog sound lovers out there? If so I'd love to hear from you. Be blessed and here's to 45s, 78s, 8-track tapes, reel-to-reel decks, cassettes and good ole' fashioned LPs. :-)

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home