Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Impromptu Headshots

This year I've probably shot more head shots than I ever would have imagined. And, most of them were "on the spot" and unplanned. I'm becoming well known for taking pictures of friends and strangers alike. I LOVE people and I love photographing people so I can't help myself.

One of the lessons I've learned from photographing so many different people in so many different situations is that the best head shots are those where you simply relax and let your personality shine through. I realize that there are tons of fancy lighting equipment and special backdrops that can really help in producing a quality head shot. But, I'm going to let you in on a little photographer secret - there's nothing more powerful than a genuine smile.

For example, the images below were all shot on-the-spot and yet have something "special" about them. It's not the backdrops (one doesn't even have a backdrop or wall) and I didn't use any fancy lighting equipment. What makes these images special is that all of the models in them are truly beautiful people. And, for the few minutes we were together they let their real personalities come forward and that's why these impromptu head shots are so special. Just something to think about...be blessed and keep shooting!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home