Sunday, October 28, 2007

Going to another level!



Well, I did it. I am back in school. I guess I'm one of those "weird" ones as I really enjoyed college and love being in an environment dedicated to learning. As some of you may know I am self-taught and have never had a photography class - until now.

This particular class is taught by Jim Summaria at Harper's College. Jim has over 25 years experience as a professional and I'm looking forward to learning his "old skool" approach to photography.

I'm sharing all of this with you to encourage you to never stop believing in yourself and the gifts God has given you! Yes, some aspects of your gifting will come easy and others will require development. Never be afraid or ashamed to seek counsel, instruction and direction in your area of gifting.

As gifted as they were both Mozart and Beethoven practiced daily. And, Michael Jordan who is arguably the greatest player in the history of Basketball, shot 300 jump shots before every game his entire career. So, never back away from an opportunity to develop yourself.

This is definitely going to be an adventure and I'll keep you posted. Have a joyous and power-packed week!


This is just part of the school at night. What a beautiful campus!




It took me 10 minutes to figure out where to park as all of the signs said that buildings "L - P" were in this section. But, as you can see building "Z" is in this area. Must be the new math...






The master at work. In this image Jim is giving us a "pop quiz" on the elements that make a great photograph. Man, what a hard dude as we had a test and homework on the first day of class. ;-)


It is hard to tell in this image but Jim is looking right at me and he's not happy. I think he just realized that I was taking pictures and would probably post some of them on my blog. Now, would I do something like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home