Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What Inspires You?



Have you ever been asked that question before? Probably. How did you answer? And, had you given any thought to this subject before you were asked?

I've been reflecting on all of the celebration and sense of accomplishment that I witnessed at the finish line of yesterday's race. And I have to admit that I am not only inspired but am seriously considering several lifestyle changes that have been long overdue. Why? Because, yesterday I realized that nothing is impossible to him who believes. Yes, I know we've all heard that scripture over and over again but that scripture "came to life" for me yesterday. So much so that I believe my life will never be the same.

I witnessed firsthand people of all shapes, sizes and physical condition do the impossible, in the scorching heat, and run a marathon. I was there to cover a running team of 100 runners who have created a system where anyone with a desire to run a marathon can do so in 8 months - regardless of their physical condition. During my "day" job we're working on creating a bunch of new collateral to help share their story as they have "tapped into" the power of God and have a testimony that will literally blow you away.

So, as you move into this week let me ask you a question. What "moves" you on the inside? What makes your soul and spirit jump to attention with anticipation and expectation? If you know the answer, right it down and begin documenting every experience that touches your soul. Pretty soon you will have documented the experiences that make your soul dance and created a blueprint to building a life around the "real" you. And, if you can't answer these questions then make it your life mission over the next month to find out what "moves" you. It's crucial and in some cases "life threatening" if you don't know what inspires you. Have a blessed day and never stop dreaming!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carin Davis said...

Beautiful!!! That image is inspiring! Thank you for sharing your message-

7:32 AM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Thank you beautiful and I'm really glad you liked this image.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home