Sunday, October 22, 2006

Humble Beginnings



Recently I had the opportunity to return to my old Almamater, Louisiana State University, where I completed my undergraduate work. One of my majors as well as my life's passion is broadcast journalism. And, this building is where all of those dreams were given weight and hope. I was blessed to be the Thursday Night Campus News program's co-anchor which was filmed in the basement. This building also houses the radio station and campus newspaper complete with a state-of-the-art print facility. There's a lot of "stuff" stuffed into it and it's come a looooooooong way since I was there. They've even remolded the first floor which now includes a state-of-the-art public speaking forum. During my junior year the school was awarded an endowment from the Manship family and the name and curriculum changed from Journalism to Mass Communication (as you can see they haven't changed it on the buidling yet).

The post processing and presentation was inspired by two great photographers and flickr.com artists Anne Marlow and Roosjeh. My image didn't "turn out" like Anne's but Anne has an incredible image of Michigan State that I just love! I also love this wonderful campus image created by Roosjeh.

This photo didn't "turn out" so bad, kinda looks like a poster suitable for framing. Hmmmmm, maybe I should sell it to the school? What do you think? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home