Sunday, September 17, 2006

Encouragement Series: Live Life!



During the recent ordeal with my close relative and her battle with cancer I had time to think and reflect on life. Especially after being in and out of hospitals and seeing so many people sick, ill, and unable to enjoy a full life. It is unfortunate that it took a bad situation to "wake me up" but I've been living a lie. I haven't been living my life like I want to live it for some time. In fact, I've spent most of the last 5 years living someone else's life and not my own. Once I returned home I made some serious life choices. And with any change there are many people who don't like it and are trying to discourage me. But, it doesn't matter any more. I refuse to live my life unfulfilled and without joy. And, if the people around me don't like it, to bad! I made a vow to God Himself that if He would help me turn my life around that I would live the rest of my life like there's no tomorrow.

Now, do you want to know why I am comfortable sharing this with you? Because many of you are the same way. You too have been living a life that is not your own. So, make the decision to live your life to the fullest! No, I'm not saying to quit your job tomorrow, but start making plans today to make whatever changes are necessary for you (not your neighbor, not your parents, not your friends, not your boss, not your mentor) to truly enjoy your life. Don't wait until it's time to meet Jesus to start living life - live your life NOW! I promise you that if you make this simple decision, then pray and ask God to help you, you will begin to truly understand and live a life that is more abundant. Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. It's time we all start living a life on earth that is worthy of the life He gave. That's it! Go and live your life NOW!

(A note about this image)
This image was captured in the "wee" hours of the morning during an emergency visit to the hospital. My relative was taken for x-rays/tests and there was something about this empty emergency room that spoke to me. The only way I can explain it is that it was like this room, that had seen so much pain and death, was telling me to go and live my life NOW! I pray that this image speaks to you in the same way that it spoke to me that morning.

For the photogs: This image was captured using my Olympus Stylus point and shoot camera, hand-held at 1/30th shutter speed using Fuji 400 ISO film.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Genna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Genna said...

Very nicely stated. I agree with you completely. It is so sad that many of us take for granted that Jesus died so that we might live. Yet we don't really live. We only survive. If I sacrificed my life for a friend, I would want them to live every moment living for the both of us. So why don't we do the same for Jesus? We should be living the best life we are capable of creating.

--Genna2006 (From Flickr)

5:12 PM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Hi genna,

You are so right, and thank you for sharing with us. Great to hear from one of my Flickr friends, be blessed and keep living life!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home