Saturday, July 12, 2008

Meet Alijah



Happy Saturday! Yesterday, I had the opportunity to photograph my friend's new baby boy Alijah. And, what I thought would only take thirty minutes took a good hour+ as we had so much fun playing with him. Yes, I probably spent just as much time playing with him as I did photographing him. I love children so I can't help but want to see them laugh and play when I'm around them (blame it on the big kid inside of me).

What was also special about this session was the care and attention Alijah's father gives him. Unfortunately, in our society men get a bad rap as not being affectionate and that simply isn't true.

Maybe it's a "guy" thing but yesterday his uncles were there and all of us were happy, laughing, and just joyous watching little Alijah. I was so focused on capturing all of Alijah's moves and expressions that I didn't photograph his uncles. But, they were laughing and playing with his toys to get him to smile and you could tell that they are in love with their new nephew. The love was so thick that you could literally cut it with a knife. And, it was great to see!

So, here's a few images from our afternoon photo session that I thought you'd enjoy. Ladies and Gentlemen may I have the privilege of introducing you to the next President of the United States (or whatever else his heart desires) - Mr. Alijah Walter Brown.
















When we first arrived at the park this young man was playing with his parents about 50 feet away. When we first set up he saw the basketball and came right over, picked it up, and started playing with it. Well, about 10 minutes later as I was shooting Alijah with the basketball he came over again to play with it but we weren't finished. That's when I snapped these images as this moment was just too cute to miss.






As we were finishing up this young lady walked over and informed us that the park was closing and we would have to leave. So, I thought she was cute and asked her to take a picture with Alijah. At first she seemed taken aback and when she started to walk away Alijah started crying. Immediately, she rushed over to see why he was crying and as the saying goes "the rest is history." Her face lit up like a Christmas tree and she was "oohing" and "awwing" all over him.

Isn't it interesting the effect babies have on people? I've seen babies bring together people who had refused to speak with one another, never mind be in the same room with each other. And yet an infant, with one gesture, can melt even the hardest heart of stone and turn it into jelly. All I can say is that children are a gift and a miracle. Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures look great. You can really get the sense of how small he is when he's holding that basketball! Man, that ball looks HUGE next to him! I also really like how the uncle is holding the "park closed" sign in the past picture, as the park employee is preoccupied with the baby.

3:53 AM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

LOL - yes, he's a "little man" for sure. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you liked the images. How have you been?

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home