Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Making the Grade



Recently, I had the opportunity to photograph a Hapkido black belt test. This was a real thrill for me as I have loved anything martial arts since I saw my first Bruce Lee movie as a child. If fact one of my life goals is to earn my black belt.

A lot of people don't know this but I've briefly studied Taekwondo, Shotokan, Gojo-Ryu, Han Mu Do and Hapkido. I've actually been in and out of martial arts for close to 15+ years and had I simply stuck with one system I would have several black belts by now.

But, I finally found a system that I loved and that worked well with my body type and I am half-way towards achieving my black belt in Hapkido. So, seeing someone "make it" was an added thrill and a great learning experience.

I use to train with this group and stopped due to work demands and what seemed like a few months turned into several years. So, I've decided to go back and finish what I've started. I'll share more with you in my next "Operation Transformation" post but until then wanted to share some of the images captured that night.

And, if you're ever in the area I highly encourage and recommend that you check out the outstanding instructors and super-cool people at the Ki-Do Dojo. Not only will you get a great workout but you'll meet some of nicest people on the planet. And to my fellow brother in Hapkido - CONGRATULATIONS!















Photographer in trouble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home