Sunday, February 12, 2006

Embarking upon a new creative journey...

The next photographic assignment I'm working on is a photo essay of the homeless. It also coincides with a rangefinder photography contest I am participating in that makes this project even more fun!



The title of this photo essay is "There but by the grace of God(c)" and it should be finished within a few months. I haven't decided the exact number of images I want to include so I may keep shooting for a few extra months. This has been a very interesting and more challenging photo assignment than I envisioned. I'll go into more detail later, but this isn't easy. Sure, you can point and shoot and capture the image, but that doesn't translate into the emotion of living on the streets.



My goal is to not only capture the neglect and poverty that are inherit to being homeless, but to also capture the human spirit of each individual. I've found that the even in these circumstances, the human spirit refuses to die, refuses to quit, refuses to give up, and refuses to live without hope. Stay tuned, this is going to be interesting, emotional and inspirational!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home