Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One of the Photographers I admire...

I can honestly say that I have never, and I mean NEVER seen anything like the work of Mr. Bruce Percy. I don't exactly remember how I "stumbled" upon his website, but I thank God everyday for our "virtual" meeting. His work is beyond what I'd call "powerful." The images he captures evoke a strong emotional response that is only eclipsed by his incredible use of color and composition.

It doesn't matter if he is capturing a moment in time or painting, he has it. Whatever "it" is that allows you to create this type of superb photography, Bruce has it! If you don't believe me, just take a look at his virtual portfolio.

Although he's a landscape photographer, his "street" photography is truly some of the very best in the world. Before viewing his work for myself, I didn't believe it was possible to create images like his. He is one of those rare artist who not only leaves their mark on the world, but changes the game in the process. I don't know if I will ever be able to create this level of excellence in my work, but Bruce's photography has set a new standard of excellence that I will strive to recreate for the rest of my artistic life.

For those of you who know me, you know that I am a "straight with no chaser" kind of guy. There is a very short list of artist who "move" me like this, and Bruce Percy is at the top of that list. May I have the privilege of introducing you to the work of Mr. Bruce Percy! I pray that through this introduction you too will be inspired to let the artist in you shine like never before.

http://www.thelightandtheland.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home