Thursday, January 19, 2006

Another one of my favorite images...



This image was captured using my trusy Olympus OM-10 with a Zuiko 50mm 1.8 lens and a regular roll of Kodak black and white film. This image is over 20 years old and was part of the very 1st roll of black and white film I've ever used.

This picture was created during the changing of the guard on an overcast day and since the soldiers were moving, I decided to focus on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and allow the soldiers passing by to walk into the shot. It actually worked! Their movement and progressively focused appearance helps the eye point right to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. In addition, by having the soldiers somewhat out of focus also creates an "unknown" look to them as they pass. Please let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home