Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meeting A Living Legend

During my first wedding I had the opportunity to meet a living legend and it was quite an experience. The gentleman in this picture is Herb Kent, radio legend and music man extraordinaire! He, along with one of his protege's, were the DJs at the wedding. Now, if you're not into R&B or Blues music you've probably never heard of "Herby Baby." But, Herb Kent is personal friends with everyone from B.B. King to James Brown. But, what makes him so special is not his radio hall of fame honors, but his genuine warmth and love for people. Herb is truly one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have been blessed to have met Herb, not because he is famous, but because he is a "real" person who has a heart for people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Bordner said...

What a great honor. I have been glad to have met and photographed some living legions. I try to learn from their experiences and to listen every chance I get while behind the lens. Thanks for sharing.

2:41 PM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Thanks Charles, I really appreciate you sharing with me. Yes, it is really cool when you meet a famous person who hasn't let their fame go to their head. Thanks for stopping by, be blessed and keep shooting!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home