Monday, May 26, 2008

Meet Mr. Donnie Yen!

Over the weekend I met up with some of my old training buddies and it was really cool to see everyone again after all of these years. I'll share more in another post but since I'm training again (more to come) I wanted to introduce you to one of the most gifted martial artists to come along in a long time. For some strange reason he is just now beginning to make a name for himself in the US but has been an International superstar for years. Ladies and gentlemen meet Donnie Yen!

Warning: this video clip is a compilation of Donnie's movie fight scenes. Please do not view if you find this type of material offensive.


Here's a little insight into this world-renowned martial artists courtesy of the Discovery Channel. What's nice about his most recent films is that he's moved away from the high-wire Kung Fu work and focuses on real self-defense. He doesn't use wires anymore and performs most of his stunts himself. Plus, he's now incorporated Brazilian-style Jujitsu into his fighting. He's a gifted martial artist, actor and director.

Finally, here's a little known fact about Mr. Yen - his Mom taught him Kung Fu. I wouldn't tease him if I were you...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the Donnie Yen vids!

3:59 PM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

I'm glad, he's a gifted artist. Are you into martial arts?

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home